spain information, travelling to spain,

Spain Important Information

07 April 2009 by Anna Staford

Travelling to Spain


Supply pressure 220 Vt. Wall outlets are of the European standard.

Transport in Spain

The traffic in Spain is left-side. Underground is only in the biggest cities - Madrid and Barcelona. The best kind of transport in Spain car (it can be rented) or a taxi.


In restaurants the law requires menu prices to include service charge, and tipping is a matter of personal choice most people leave some small change if they're satisfied and 5% is usually plenty. It's common to leave small change at bar and cafe tables. So tipping in Spain is free-will.

Planning Your Future Trip?

Join over 20K savvy travellers reading our monthly newsletters!

We accept

Due to COVID-19 travel restrictions, we’re temporarily not offering NEW SINGLE TRIP policies. You can still buy our ANNUAL cover, or an ‘ALREADY TRAVELLING’ policy if you’re currently away. Or you can visit our travel insurance partners for a SINGLE TRIP quote. Click here for transfer to their website.

If you are you an EXISTING SINGLE TRIP CUSTOMER - To EXTEND your SINGLE TRIP policy, please contact us to get an extension BEFORE your policy expires so you have continual cover: globelink@globelink.co.uk or by +44 1353 699 082.

For notification of when Single Trip policies are available, please leave you email and we will get back in touch.