Travel Insurance Policy – Coverage for the Unexpected

21 Jan 2009 by Olga Brighton

Travel Insurance Tips

If you are planning to travel abroad, you need travel insurance coverage, but it is not something you should be sorting at the last minute as not all policies are the same and you should always read the small print. For example, is cash and indeed any of your valuables are covered? This is often not the case on very cheap policies. Also how much excess will you need to pay in the event of a claim? Economy type policies are fine for the important health aspect, but don't expect to have your £500 camera covered without additional payment.

Will you policy cover you if you decide to try Scuba Diving, Bungee Jumping or White Water Rafting? Before you buy the policy, do make certain that it will provide cover in case you are injured whilst participating in your favourite pastime.

Sporting Activities

One Travel Insurer that has years of experience in arranging cover for all types of Sporting Activities is Globelink International. You can arrange cover online and print your documents instantly at Globelink website or call their expert helpline on 01353 699082. They offer a money back guarantee and provide cover for residents of all EU countries. They also have special arrangements for Australian, New Zealand and South African citizens who are currently living in the UK with no minimum residency period.

Policies are available for Days Trips to journeys of up to 18 months. Annual Multi Trip cover for an unlimited number of trips with individual trip limits of up to 120 days, whereas most other insurers will allow only 45 or 60 days making them fairly useless for many trips. Good insurance with loads of protection need not be very expensive but the cover is essential, especially in case of Illness or Accidents.

Read more: What Changes Can You Make to Travel Insurance After Purchase?

We accept