quote and buy now renew your annual policy call now: 00 44(0)1353 699082
send us request:

We hope that you are satisfied with our service and would appreciate it if you could kindly spare a minute to leave us a review. Thank you.

What documentation do you need in order to travel to Spain?

Try our feedback program!
read more>
08 April 2009 / Travelling to Spain

Travelling to this country is easy. The documents you need to travel to Spain on the large scale depend on where you are from. If you are a citizen of the European Union, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein: all you need is your Identification Card, or a valid passport. Minors travelling with their ID card must have a document that shows parental authorisation.


If you are from any of the following countries: Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Bolivia, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Cyprus, Costa Rica, Croatia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Slovakia, Slovenia, United States, Estonia, Guatemala, Honduras, Hungary, Israel, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Nicaragua, New Zealand, Panama, Paraguay, Poland, Czech Republic, Korea, Romania, San Marino, the Holy See, Singapore, Uruguay, and Venezuela, as well as the Special Chinese Administrative Regions of Macao, and Hong Kong: all you need is a valid passport to enter Spain, where you can stay for a maximum of 90 days.


If you are from any other country, according to the criteria of the EU: you must request a visa at the Spanish Consulate of your country of residence. You will also need a valid passport.


For these cases, the Spanish authorities may ask documentetion showing where you will stay, confirmation of an organised tour, return air tickets, tourist circuit, or a personal invitation letter. You may also be asked to show proof of having enough financial resources to support yourself during your stay in Spain.


Since conditions may vary, we recommend you contact your local Spanish Consulate or Embassy for more information on these requirements. 


Travel Insurance for People Living in European Union Countries



Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Approved by EU Regulators, Globelink are the leading provider of annual multi trip policies and also single trip cover for people living in all EU countries.


Globelink annual multi trip policies give cover for an unlimited number of trips with a choice of cover for Worldwide or Europe only. You can select from policies giving a maximum individual trip duration of 17, 31, 45, 60, 90 or 120 days. This is reduced to a maximum of 60 days for people aged 66 to 70 and 31 days for people aged 71 to 74.


Policies for single trips are available for people aged up to 84 for European travel, or to 74 for Worldwide cover.


Cover for many pre-existing medical conditions are included, others may require you to make a quick telephone call to ensure that you will be insured in the event of a re-occurrence, or in case it causes you to cancel a pre-booked holiday.


To get an instant quote and arrange cover securely online fill out the forms on the Globelink travel insurance quotation wizard.


These Telephone Numbers will link you to our UK office
All Countries: 00 44 1353 699 082
SPAIN: 00 34 966 26 5000 or 00 34 951 24 2434

Use our advanced travel insurance calculator to find travel insurance policy most suitable to your travel destination and trip

New articles