13 August 2013 by Anna Staford
Life, with all its considerable responsibilities, can often get humdrum. How about a wonderful escape from the mundane? How about taking a trip somewhere that would allow you to return to your world refreshed and rejuvenated? Do you love water and all the fun and promise it holds?
A water park is surely the place for you! These are the 10 best in the world. Why not select one that fits your budget and particular desires?
1. Wild Water Wadi - Located in sunny Dubai which is one of the world’s greatest tourist locations, this water park boasts 30 rides. Cost: AED 235 - AED 265 per adult; child-AED 175.
2. Water Country - An exciting outdoor water park in Williamsburg, Virginia, you could enjoy many adventures here, including white water rafting. Cost: $49-$183.75 per adult depending on package chosen. Infants are free (0-3 years).
3. Sandcastle Water Park - This is the pride of Pittsburg, Pennsylvania. Cost: Adult passes range from $18.99-$31.99. Children under 3 are free.
4. Las Cascadas Water Park - You would travel to Aguadilla, Puerto Rico to enjoy this, the largest outdoor water park in the Caribbean area. Cost: Children 4-14 years- $22.95. Adults- $24.95. Seniors-$12.95. Children under 3 and adults over 75 years of age-free.
5. Noah’s Ark Water Park - You don’t have to be a Bible aficionado to partake of the beauty of this outdoor water park. Travel back in time on more than 70 acres of land and enjoy any or all of its wave pools, lagoons, rivers and the famous Time Warp with its more than 70 foot drop. It is located in Wisconsin and is America’s largest water park. Tickets are $32.99-$38.99 and packages are available as well.
6. Schlitterbahn Water Park - With a choice of 3 parks in Texas and 1 in Kansas City, these water parks are definitely tourist hotspots. Cost: Adults, around $71.97. Children and seniors around $61.97.
7. World Water Park - Enjoy the Blue Thunder Wave Pool at this indoor water park in Edmonton, Canada. It also has the distinction of being the second largest water park internationally. Tickets are about $30.95 for ages 3-10, and $26.96-36.95 for general admission.
8. Wet n’ Wild - This is Orlando’s cherished fun spot with thrilling rides for the entire family. A single day pass costs $45-$55 for an adult and $40-$50 for a child.
9. Chimelong Water Park - The Behemoth Bowl and Super Tornado are popular rides in this water park situated on more than 400,000 square meters of land in China. It is the biggest water park in Asia. Ticket prices are CNY125-CNY250.
10. Sunway Lagoon - This is Pakistan’s premier water park. Admission is priced from Rs 300-Rs 700. Enjoy the many and varied attractions of this outdoor water park like the Ladies Spiral Slide and the Raft and Body Spiral Slide.
Always check for discounts and offers. Purchasing online often results in good reductions.
For peace of mind when travelling, do consider spending the extra money on travel insurance. It will cover delays, medical expenses, and other contingencies. Please do a cost benefit analysis and research online before you buy a policy to suit your specific needs and outlay.
Water represents adventure and serenity. A beautiful blend to renew mind, body, and soul…money well-spent, wouldn’t you say? May your trip surpass your expectations. Be safe and happy as you travel!
We have temporarily stopped selling new policies while we implement important changes to secure continued Covid-19 medical cover for customers, both before and after Brexit.
NEW POLICIES: If your trip hasn’t started, you can buy alternative Travel Insurance from our affiliate partners by CLICKING HERE for transfer to their website.
AMENDING EXISTING POLICIES: Extend your SINGLE TRIP POLICY by contacting us BEFORE your policy expires so you have continual cover.
EXISTING POLICIES: You can AMEND an existing policy by contacting us. Otherwise you don’t need to take any action. Your policy remains valid and in place until it’s expiry date.
Leave your email and we will get in touch when new policies are available: