What Documentation Do You Need in Order to Travel to Spain?

08 Apr 2009 by Olga Brighton

Travelling to Spain

Travelling to Spain is easy. The documents needed to travel to Spain on the large scale depend on where you are from. If you are a citizen of the UK, European Union plus Liechtenstein and Norway: all you need is your Identification Card, or a valid passport. Minors travelling with their ID card must have a document that shows parental authorisation.

Spain Visa Requirements

If you are from any of the following countries: Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Bolivia, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Cyprus, Costa Rica, Croatia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Slovakia, Slovenia, United States, Estonia, Guatemala, Honduras, Hungary, Israel, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Nicaragua, New Zealand, Panama, Paraguay, Poland, Czech Republic, Korea, Romania, San Marino, the Holy See, Singapore, Uruguay, and Venezuela, as well as the Special Chinese Administrative Regions of Macao, and Hong Kong: all you need is a valid passport to enter Spain, where you can stay for a maximum of 90 days.

If you are from any other country, according to the criteria of the EU: you must request a visa at the Spanish Consulate of your country of residence. You will also need a valid passport. For these cases, the Spanish authorities may ask documentetion showing where you will stay, confirmation of an organised tour, return air tickets, tourist circuit, or a personal invitation letter. You may also be asked to show proof of having enough financial resources to support yourself during your stay in Spain.

Travel documents Spain

Since conditions may vary, we recommend you contact your local Spanish Consulate or Embassy for more information on these requirements.

Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Approved by EU Regulators, Globelink are the leading provider of annual multi trip policies and also single trip cover for people living in all EU countries.

Globelink Annual Multi-Trip policies give cover for an unlimited number of trips with a choice of cover for Worldwide or Europe only. You can select from policies giving a maximum individual trip duration of 17, 31, 45, 60, 90 or 120 days.

Policies for single trips are available for people aged up to 89 for European travel, or to 74 for Worldwide cover. Cover for many pre-existing medical conditions are included, others may require you to make a quick telephone call to ensure that you will be insured in the event of a re-occurrence, or in case it causes you to cancel a pre-booked holiday. To get an instant quote and arrange cover securely online fill out the forms on the Globelink travel insurance quotation wizard.

These telephone numbers will link you to Globelink's office:

All Countries: +44 (0) 1353 699082.

Spain: 00 34 966 26 5000 or +00 34 951 24 2434.

Read also: Any Vaccination Needed to Travel to Spain?

We accept