Travel Insurance for Working Abroad

  • Durations of up to 15 months available, can be extended up to a maximum of 18 months
  • 24 hour emergency assistance service
  • Available for UK, EU and EEA residents
Get a Quote

What is travel insurance for working abroad?

Working abroad Travel Insurance has been designed for individuals who travel outside of their Home Country to work. Whether you are thinking of working abroad for your gap year, fruit or veg picking, working in a hotel, or bar you will be covered. Globelink offers essential protection while working abroad.

Globelink Travel Insurance aims to cover the expenses or losses incurred while working abroad, however, the policy will not cover your Personal Liability whist Working as this would need to be covered by your Employers Liability.

Working abroad insurance key benefits

  • Cover for both for UK and EU citizens
  • An extensive range of medical conditions are covered as standard on all policies
  • Many activities are covered as standard and higher risk activities can often be included for an extra charge
  • Save money and time with Globelink booking Travel Insurance online
  • Arrange cover securely online and your policy will be delivered instantly to your email address

ASUA Screening customer helpline: +44 (0) 1689 892 260
Office hours: 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays)
Quote: Globelink


Working abroad while traveling may have an impact on your health, especially if you have a pre-existing medical condition. Check our list of "No Screen Conditions" to see if you are covered as standard, otherwise your may be able to arrange additional cover through ASUA Medical Screening.

The cost of medical treatment has increased substantially around the world and an accident or ilness can easily run into £1,000's. Most hospitals and clinics now demand payment in full from foreign visitors for medical services.

Globelink provides affordable travel insurance for students working abroad.

Our travel insurance for working abroad covers manual occupations involving hand tools at ground level as well as non-manual occupations covered as standard. Any manual work above ground level and using anything more than hand tools will not be covered.

As with all our policies, you can be covered to work abroad in Europe, Worldwide (excluding USA, Canada, Mexico,Costa Rica, the Caribbean and Japan) and Worldwide (all countries).

Still have questions?

Globelink team will assist solving any of your questions over the phone 00 44 (0) 1353 699082.

Geographical Limits - Area Definitions
Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Channel Islands, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France (including Corsica), Georgia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece (including Greek Islands), Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy (including Aeolian Islands, Sardinia & Sicily), Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal (including Azores & Madeira), Romania, Russia (West of the Ural Mountains), San Marino, Serbia (including Kosovo), Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain (including Balearic and Canary Islands), Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom and Vatican City.
Worldwide I
Worldwide, excluding United States of America, Canada and all islands in the Caribbean Sea and the Bahamas, Costa Rica, Japan and Mexico. (Also includes cover for Europe, Australia and New Zealand).
Worldwide II
(all countries)
Worldwide, including United States of America, Canada and all islands in the Caribbean Sea and the Bahamas, Costa Rica, Japan and Mexico: All countries worldwide. (Also includes cover for Europe, Australia and New Zealand).

Please read your Policy Wording carefully to ensure that it meets with your precise requirements. View and download the relevant Policy Wording* from the links below depending on whether you live in the UK or elsewhere in the EU.

*If you purchased your Travel Insurance policy prior to 1st January 2019, you can view your policy wording by reviewing your Globelink Travel Insurance Documents Purchase email, or obtain a copy by contacting with your name and address details.

Policy Wording for Policies issued from 1st January 2019 onwards

(Certificate Number commencing CAN7*****)


Policy Wording for Policies issued to
EU residents (living outside the UK) from 1st February 2019 onwards

(Certificate Number commencing CAN7*****)

Get an instant quote with globelink

For reliable Travel Insurance, simply complete 5 quick & easy steps. Pay with your Visa, MasterCard, JCB, Maestro, Masterpass, or PayPal and receive your policy documents by email in seconds.

  • J1 visa
    Travel insurance
  • Please select...
    • Single Trip
    • Annual Multi Trip
    • Backpackers
    • Already Travelling
  • Select area of travel...
    • Europe inc. Egypt & Morocco
    • Worldwide (All Countries)
    • Worldwide exc. USA, Canada, Caribbean, Mexico, Japan
  • < >
    Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
  • <  
    Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
    Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
  • Please select...
    Get quote

    We accept