Student Travel Insurance

  • No hidden costs and low excess levels
  • 24-hour emergency assistance
  • Durations of up to 15 months available, can be extended up to a maximum of 18 months
Get a Quote

Students who study abroad are particularly vulnerable because under normal circumstances, they do not have easy access to funding when in a foreign country; and worse, they do not have the support system that a family or friend can provide in their own countries. With more educational opportunities being offered to people in all parts of the world, it is not unthinkable that the frequency of accidents and sickness would increase in proportion to the number of students.

The student travel insurance policy from Globelink International Ltd. is aimed at students on a tight budget but looking for comprehensive insurance without the frills. Choose from either Worldwide travel or Europe. Student Travel Insurance is available to people who are living in UK, EU and EEA countries.

Student travel insurance key benefits:

  • The best value for money
  • Most hazardous activities are covered as standard and higher risk activities can often be included for an extra charge
  • We help you to customise your travel insurance policy, so it suits all your needs. You can include selected options to your travel insurance policy: Extra Cover for Valuables, Extra Cover for Cancellation, Excess Waiver etc
  • Save money and time with Globelink booking Travel Insurance online

Attention! The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) / Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC) provides some emergency healthcare within the EU, but it does not cover Repatriation costs, or a doctor or nurse escort home; nor lost or stolen property. You need Travel Insurance for that.


Student travel insurance has many types of coverage, the most popular of which are those that include payment of medical expenses from hospitalization and accidental death. Other non-life threatening coverage can also prove useful especially when the incident happens while en route to a particular country. This includes payment for a return trip and legal assistance, to name a few. In any case, an insurance coverage helps pay for any loss incurred if and when any untoward event occurs. A travel safety net ensures that rebuilding one's life after a fall wouldn't be a painful struggle.

Heading to the United States? Study, work and travel worry-free in the USA with your J1 Travel Insurance.

Globetrekkers Standard Cover

Don`t just travel on budget, get insured on budget too! Ideal for people aged under 51.

from £59.25

Globetrekkers Standard Plus Cover

Gives you the essential backpacker cover plus protects your Baggage, Money, Passport etc.

from £69.72

Single Trip Travel Insurance

Single Trip Travel Insurance is designed for people aged up to 89 travelling independently or on a package holiday with a maximum trip duration of up to 15 months.

from £21.47

Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance

Travelling more than once a year? Take as many holidays as you wish and be covered all year long! 17 days Winter Sports Cover FREE if you take out the 45 days policy.

from £73.19

Backpacker Travel Insurance

Career breaker? Globetrekker? Globelink Insurance offer the budget solution for long stay journeys.

from £59.25

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Overseas Student travel insurance?

Worldwide travel insurance is designed to cover you while are on a trip in any country in the world.

How much does Student travel insurance cost?

It depends on what type of student travel insurance policy you choose. The cost-effective options for students are Single Economy (£) for short trips and Backpacker cover (£) for longer stays.

Still have questions?

Globelink team will assist solving any of your questions over the phone 00 44 (0) 1353 699082.

Get an instant quote with Globelink

For reliable Travel Insurance, simply complete 5 quick & easy steps. Pay with your Visa, MasterCard, or PayPal and receive your policy documents by email in seconds.


We accept