Bobsleigh Travel Insurance

Bobsleigh is an adventurous activity which originated in XIX century in Switzerland. It quickly gained great popularity, and now it is impossible to imagine any winter sport competition without it. The rules and techniques changed till bobsleigh got the form we know at present.


Quote and buy now


The team consists of two or four members who run to accelerate a specially designed sled, and then quickly jump inside to take a timed run down a twisted narrow icy track. Successful race at the competition requires months and years of hard training. Everything depends on a combination of different details such as the sled model and construction, team skills and experience, special clothing, shoes, safety equipment and the team cooperative work.


Why do you need travel insurance for bobsleigh?

As well as being interesting and exiting kind of sport, bobsleigh is risky enough. Team members can stumble while accelerating the sled and get some traumas hitting the ice track or the sled. They can get cuts, bruises, dislocations and fractures after such mere accident. But the risk increases when the team gets inside the sled and performs complex manoeuvres on a winding track. According to the rules, the sled should not touch the track walls and the turns should be really smooth. Unfortunately, there are numerous cases when the sled hits the ice at very high speed, turns over and rolls many times till it finally stops. Such crashes seriously harm the team members’ necks and heads as well as the rest of their bodies.


Stay active and adventurous on your journey without having to worry about the possible misfortunes.


In case you are a passionate amateur bobsledder and want to diversify a trip with this activity, make sure to have bobsleigh travel insurance to cover possible risks and their consequences. We have a wide range of adventure activities covers such as gliding and parachuting travel insurance that belong to Category 4 activities and require additional premium of £70. It should be performed with licensed operator in EU, EEA, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. Сontact out team before you go to find out all necessary details and specifics. 


See also: extreme sports insurance, archery travel insurance, badminton travel insurance, banana boating travel insurance, baseball insurance, basketball travel insurance , beach games travel insurance, сlay pigeon shooting travel insurance, cricket travel insurance, cycling travel insurance, deep sea fishing travel insurance, dinghy sailing travel insurance, football travel insurance, golf travel insurance, lacrosse travel insurance, marathon running travel insurance, netball travel insurance, orienteering travel insurance, racket ball travel insurance, rambling travel insurance, roller blading travel insurance, roller skating travel insurance, rounders travel insurance, rowing travel insurance, rock climbing travel insurance, skate boarding travel insurance, snorkeling travel insurance, squash travel insurance, surfing travel insurance, tennis travel insurance, triathlon travel insurance, volleyball travel insurance, water polo travel insurance, windsurfing travel insurance, BMX cycling travel insurance, catamaran sailing travel insurance, gymnastics travel insurance, heptathlon travel insurance, judo travel insurance, karate travel insurance, kung fu travel insurance, martial arts travel insurance, motorcycling travel insurance, scuba diving travel insurance , water skiing travel insurance, dry skiing travel insurance, kite surfing travel insurance, mountain biking travel insurance, paragliding travel insurance, rugby travel insurance, white water rafting travel insurance, hang gliding travel insurance , parachuting travel insurance, polo travel insurance, underwater activities travel insurance, adventure activities travel insurance

Get an instant quote with globelink

For reliable Travel Insurance, simply complete 5 quick & easy steps. Pay with your Visa, MasterCard, JCB, Maestro, Masterpass, or PayPal and receive your policy documents by email in seconds.

  • J1 visa
    Travel insurance
  • Please select...
    • Already Travelling
    • Single Trip
    • Annual Multi Trip
    • Backpackers
  • Select area of travel...
    • Europe inc. Egypt & Morocco
    • Worldwide
    • Worldwide excluding Australia, USA, Canada, Caribbean, Costa Rica, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Thailand
  • < >
    Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
  • <  
    Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
    Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
  • Please select...
    Get quote

    We accept

    We have temporarily stopped selling new policies while we implement important changes to secure continued Covid-19 medical cover for customers, both before and after Brexit.

    NEW POLICIES: If your trip hasn’t started, you can buy alternative Travel Insurance from our affiliate partners by CLICKING HERE for transfer to their website.

    AMENDING EXISTING POLICIES: Extend your SINGLE TRIP POLICY by contacting us BEFORE your policy expires so you have continual cover.

    EXISTING POLICIES: You can AMEND an existing policy by contacting us. Otherwise you don’t need to take any action. Your policy remains valid and in place until it’s expiry date.

    We are open and available as usual on: globelink@globelink.co.uk or +44 1353 699 082 and we thank you for your understanding. More info

    Leave your email and we will get in touch when new policies are available: